January 27th, 2015
Spring-Summer 2015 Haute Couture Press Kit.
January 26th, 2015
Pharrell Williams wears a custom-made denim jacket from the Paris-Salzburg 2014/15 collection and black sunglasses.
January 26th, 2015
Haute Couture was born during the Second Empire within the Rue de la Paix quarter in the heart of Paris. Englishman Charles-Frédéric Worth opened his house in 1858. He demonstrated his innovation by rejecting the statute of a fashion designer as a "supplier" and embracing that of the designer as a "creator," and by presenting veritable fashion collections worn by models to clients in his luxurious salons. At this time, Paris was filled with small trades devoted to embellishment (embroiderers, feather-workers, button-makers, shoemakers, glove makers, hatters, etc.) and enjoyed a reputation as the only world capital where elegance reigned.
In 1945, very specific rules defined the statutes of Haute Couture. Updated throughout the years, they have survived time, making Haute Couture the absolute reference for a subtle blend of tradition and innovation. The specifications require that original models be designed by the permanent designer of the house. They must be created in its own workshops, which should have a minimum of 20 employees. Each season, on the dates set by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, the house must present a collection of at least 35 looks consisting of both day and evening styles.
As a bearer of unique expertise and maintenance of tradition, Haute Couture excels in the perfection of all the details that give it its singular, rare character. It is also a laboratory brimming with ideas and creativity, in which the quality and perfection of its cuts are crystallized in time.
Chanel is currently the oldest operating couture house.
© Photo All Rights Reserved, Chanel ateliers circa 1935
January 23rd, 2015
The Spring-Summer 2015 Haute Couture show will be presented at the Grand Palais, Paris, on January 27th 2015.
January 13th, 2015
Keira Knightley wore a dress based on a look from the Paris‑Salzburg 2014/15 collection, to the 72nd Golden Globe Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
December 29th, 2014
Photos from the Spring-Summer campaign with model Gisele Bündchen.
Collection available in boutiques in March.
December 23rd, 2014
The Cruise collection 2014/15 is available in boutiques.
December 16th, 2014
For the fifth consecutive year, Chanel takes up its winter residence in Courchevel in an ephemeral boutique. Located in the heart of the Savoyard ski station, this new 160m2 space presents the Ready-to-Wear pieces and accessories from the Cruise 2014/15 collection.
From December 13th 2014 until April 5th 2015
December 16th, 2014
Original soundtrack created for Karl Lagerfeld's short film "Reincarnation".
Photo © Pharrell Williams at the KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert
View the short film on chanel.com
CC THE WORLD
CC THE WORLD 03:18
December 12th, 2014Par Thaddaeus Ropac
- Café Bazar - located directly on the bank of the river Salzach (a legendary place in front of the theatre. The favourite café of Marlene Dietrich and Maximilian Schell. The great directors and writers ever since have gone in and out)
- Café Tomaselli - situated in the heart of the old town, where already Mozart got inspired. Maybe the most traditional and popular coffeehouse north of the Alps.
- Triangel - Festival District, Philharmonikergasse (a place where Anna Netrebko and Plácido Domingo are dining during the summer)
- Köchelverzeichnis - in the historic Roman alley called Steingasse (a pleasant small wine tavern)
- Magazin - at the foot of the Mönchsberg, Augustinergasse (for a delicious dinner as well as for afterwork drinks)
- Sacherbar - next to Café Bazar (a bar pianist plays a repertoire of wonderful cheesy songs. It still the grandest place to go)
- Bar Hotel Stein - near the State Bridge (stunning view onto the old scenery of Salzburg)
Walks and Places
- Festival District with its three legendary opera houses. On the adjacent places Furtwänglerpark and Toscaninihof you pass by sculptures of Anselm Kiefer, Erwin Wurm, Stephan Balkenhol and the recently renovated University Church by the famous baroque architect Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach.
- Mönchsberg with the Museum der Moderne, its Restaurant m32 (one of the most beautiful views) and art in public space by Not Vital, James Turrell and Mario Merz.
- Kohlmayr´s Gaisbergspitz with a 360° panorama
- Kapuzinerberg with its Franziskischlössl and the Christmas market during Christmas season
- Morning run in Hellbrunn with its wide parks
- Salzkammergut: with its beautiful lakes (my recommendation: a hike along the Fürbergweg on the Wolfgangsee combined with lunch/dinner at Holzingerwirt / Haus am Hang / Angusta)